Benefits for The Hospital
- Cost Effective – Lower daily cost of care for homeless patients by almost 90%. The tiered pricing structure is based on the patient's length of stay, which allows additional cost savings.
- Efficient – Easy referral process and quick response turnaround time, typically within 2 hours, 7 days a week.
- Collaborative – Direct communication with the service provider allows improved care coordination between hospital and IF Recuperative Care staff.
- Responsible – Research show that Recuperative Care reduces readmission of homeless patients by 50%.
- Compassionate – Continuous advocacy for patients with connections to medical care, social services, and housing options.
- Thorough – Hospitals receive a patient outcome summary for every discharged patient.
Benefits for The Patient
- A safe, stable, and supportive atmosphere to recover
- Medical coordination to vital primary care and other necessary medical specialists when appropriate
- Intensive case management with connections to social services and housing options
- Connections to mental health services
- Financial Literacy Training
- Health education and medical care management education
- Job Readiness Training
- Community re-engagement